For a delicious warming treat, make this easy homemade chai latte.
Ingredients: cup of milk, 1tbsp fresh cream, 1tsp ground cinnamon, 2tsp good quality vanilla extract, 1-2tsp honey, 1 vanilla or chai teabag
Equipment: saucepan, whisk (mini electric whisk if you have one), cup and teaspoon
1 Warm milk in a saucepan until just before it starts to come to the boil or bubble.
2 Add in the vanilla, honey and cream. Beat until frothy.
3 Turn back on heat, let teabag sit in saucepan for 5 minutes, don’t let milk boil.
4 Take out teabag, stir milk and pour into serving cup!
This super easy fresh mixed berry smoothie is great for breakfast on the go or even filling enough for lunch when you don’t have much time. If you make it tell me what you think, I would love to hear your ideas!
- a banana
- 4 good quality strawberries
- 4 good quality raspberries
- 2 heaped tsp Organic natural yogurt or greek syle
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
- approx 100ml organic milk
- 10-15 ml water
- 1tsp of agave syrup or honey
- 2 ice cubes remember not to add these till you are done or your blender may break!
Equipment: blender, processor or liquidizer, jug, teaspoon, chopping knife, chopping board, tall glass.
What to do:
- Chop fruit, add to jug/blender/processor, add other ingredients except ice . leave one piece of each fruit type behind for decoration
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into a tall glass or travel cup and add ice cubes and leftover fruit. Enjoy!
Simple and delicious chocolate nut and fruit, feel free to put your own variation on this recipe using the same measurements e.g. candy coloured sweets, cashew nuts, pretzels….
Ingredients: for 2-3 servings
- 11/2 cups whole almonds
- 1tbsp of salt
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup plain chocolate chips
What to do
- Roast almonds in oven at 180 celsius or 350 degrees farenheit till lightly browned, about 5 mins.
- Leave to cool, sprinkle almonds with salt, than mix with almonds craisins and choc chips.
- Eat them on the go, or chilled out.
Hot melted raspberries and yogurt, the perfect combo. Enjoy with mixed nuts or granola
Ingredients: for 1 serving
- 5-6tbsp of greek-style yogurt
- Half a bowl of frozen or fresh raspberries
- A handful of your favourite nuts I use chopped pistachios
- A handful of good quality granola/muesli
- a tsp of caster sugar (optional)
What to do:
- Thaw raspberries if required, then in a saucepan or microwave heat raspberries till slightly liquid.
- Then in a glass, layer yogurt, then raspberries until you have reached the tip of the glass Decorate with muesli or nuts and a sprinkle of sugar. Enjoy
Enjoy a healthy snack of grilled tuna, cheese, salad, ready in 10 mins including prep.
- Can of organic tuna or best quality tuna you can afford
- 1 spring onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
- Lemon pepper if possible
- Handful/ 2 tbsp of dried cranberries
- Sprig of your favourite herb, I like parsley.
- 15g/ 2 tablespoons of your favourite cheese grated, I use red cheddar
- Bag of mixed salad
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or salad dressing
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 large slice of fresh bread, I use good quality ciabatta
What to do:
- Open tuna, drain, mix in a bowl with mayonnaise, cranberries, spring onions, lemon pepper until well combined.
- Toast bread on low setting.
- Place tuna mix on bread evenly then top with grated cheese.
- Grill in oven for 5 mins or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with salad dressed in olive oil or salad dressing and enjoy as a quick pick me up.
Snack-a-day: check out my blog all this week. Starting monday get ready for a festival of quick and healthy snack recipes. Comment below on what foods you would like featured in the snack recipes.
For a quick snack or simple treat…… takes 12 mins including prep
For 2 people:
- Two ripe bananas
- Mars bar cut into small chunks, approx size of a square of chocolate
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Set your oven to 180 celsius or 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Slice bananas in half.
- Place cut chunks of mars bar on one side of banana.
- Place other half of banana on top,then wrap banana in tinfoil until covered.
- Cook in oven for 5 mins or until mars bar has melted. Serve with cold vanilla ice cream, enjoy.